August 21, 2017
Busy surface team
Chris, Wataru and Anders taking a short break.
The remaining structures on the surface have been taken down and stored today. The smaller cooks water melter is down, the generator shutdown and moved to a winterhill, the radar, the satellite disc and the ceilometer are all taken down and packed.
What we did today:
- Shut down main generator and moved it to winterhill.
- Turned on backup generator and Basto for heating in Dome.
- Emptied and taken down cooks snow melter 200l drum with melt water in Dome.
- Fueled all vehicles and packed fuelling equipment down.
- Ceilometer taken down and stored in trenches.
- Satellite disc taken down, central part stored in trenches.
- Radar taken down and stored in trenches.
- Documentation of food in kitchen.
- Open Port irridium system set up for comms.
Weather: A very grey day with low clouds and no surface contour. Low winds, temperatures between -18°C and -12°C.
FL, Dorthe Dahl-Jensen